IV And Vitamin Shot Therapy
Wellness at Century City
The Best Internist And Integrative Medicine Doctor In Los Angeles, CA
IV therapy delivers an immediate dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants straight to your bloodstream to energize and rejuvenate you almost instantly. Dr. Jessica Cho administers IV therapy in the relaxing atmosphere of the procedure room at Wellness at Century City. Residents of the Los Angeles area benefit from the healing and health-boosting effects of IV therapy. You can call to make an appointment or book it online.
IV Therapy Q & A
What are the benefits of intravenous (IV) infusion therapy?
Receiving vitamins and other nutrients through an IV delivers them directly to your bloodstream, so your body can put them to work. They bypass the gastrointestinal tract, so they won’t cause any gastrointestinal problems sometimes associated with taking high doses of vitamins orally. An IV delivery also allows the vitamins to bypass the liver, which can alter many nutrients during metabolism.
Who can benefit from IV therapy?
IV vitamin therapy may be used to address a wide range of conditions, including:
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Muscle spasms
Healthy men and women benefit from IV vitamin therapy, too, as a preventive treatment to ward off disease and infection.
Why is IV therapy superior to oral vitamin supplements?
Only a fraction of orally-consumed vitamins is absorbed. Even taking a higher dosage of oral vitamins doesn’t work because your small intestine can only absorb a certain amount of each vitamin at a time.
High oral doses can also leave your stomach irritated and sensitive. But with IV delivery, you get the entire dosage of vitamins and nutrients to benefit your wellbeing, without stomach discomfort.
What can I expect during an IV infusion?
Before your treatment, Dr. Cho will speak with you to choose the most beneficial combination of ingredients for your IV infusion. Then, she will insert the IV into your veins. The infusion lasts between 20 and 90 minutes, depending on the combination of nutrients needed. You can relax in the treatment room and listen to music during the infusion, and you can resume your normal daily activities immediately after receiving the IV.
Curious about the most popular IV therapies?
NAD+ is one of the most innovative anti-aging therapies with a myriad of benefits in health as well as well-being. NAD+ is a naturally occurring molecule already present within every cell of the body, serving as a coenzyme. NAD+ levels in the body begin to drop naturally over time, and this can be accelerated by ongoing stress, poor sleep quality, lack of essential nutrients, drugs, alcohol, and inflammation. There is no need to wait until the body begins aging, nor for the appearance of a medical condition, to begin treatment. It is easier to prevent an illness than to reverse it.
The benefits of supplementing your NAD+ levels include:
- General Wellness: Increased energy & vitality, Improved sleep & brain clarity, clearer skin and thicker nails and hair
- Support DNA Repair: DNA repair is the most important factor for cell survival and cancer prevention
- Improve Neurological Function: Guards nerves from demyelination; Improve cognition, concentration, memory, and mood
- Anti-Aging and Longevity: Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and repairs damage to the skin and prevents vascular aging; Protects against cell damage
- Restore Muscle and Skeletal Function: Protects muscles from structural degeneration
- Improve Emotional Status–Depression, Anxiety, and Sleep: Improves symptoms of depression/Anxiety by regulating sirtuin protein activity
- Regulate Circadian Rhythms: Helps restore the body’s natural rhythm and improve sleep cycles
- Improve Metabolism and Weight Loss: Speed up metabolism and aid in weight loss along with regulating appetite/craving
- Detox and Addiction Recovery: Reduces withdrawal symptoms in substance abusers as well as risk of relapse
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress. Nobel Prize-winning chemist Linus Pauling studied high-dose vitamin C as a treatment for a variety of illnesses. Intravenous vitamin C results in much higher blood levels of the vitamin than high-dose oral therapy.
You benefit from high-dose vitamin C in cases of:
- Extreme fatigue
- Cold or flu
- Weakened immunity
- Healing wounds